Children’s Ministry & COVID-19 (posted 8/7/20)
The Nursery for all services and Children's Church (Patch the Pirate Club on Sunday Morning & Kids for Truth on Sunday Evening) will resume the week of August 23rd, with the precautions outlined below. A special meeting for all Nursery & Children's church workers is scheduled after the Sunday morning service on Sunday, August 16th. Parents are welcome to attend that meeting.
We are committed to providing a clean and safe environment for our Nursery and elementary school-age youth at Greencastle. Following state and CDC guidelines, we have added the following precautions:
Screening and Monitoring . . .
* Children participating in any children’s ministries must be symptom free for 24 hours, displaying no fever, cough, shortness of breath, or cold or flu-like symptoms that are unrelated to a pre-existing condition.
* Each child’s temperature will be taken at check-in to the Nursery or Children’s Church, and parents will need to verify at check-in that their child’s temperature has not been greater than 100.4° F in the past 24 hours and that their child has not had contact with any COVID-19 positive person in the last two weeks.
* Staff members will serve only when they have been symptom free for 24 hours prior to serving. All those working with youth will have their temperature taken before serving and will wear masks when serving.
Intensifying cleaning, sanitization, disinfection . . .
* Nursery staff will provide nursery children with sanitized toys at each service. Toys that can not be cleaned and sanitized have been removed.
* Only pre-packaged snacks and water in disposable cups will be provided in Children’s Church. The water fountains will not be available. As always, Nursery workers will watch to make certain that no child accidentally drinks from another child’s sippy cup. Only pre-packed snacks will be provided in the Nursery. Bottles and food for infants, ages 0 to 18 months, are allowed in the Nursery.
* Staff will continue to follow recommended sanitizing and hand-washing procedures.
* Parents can help by teaching their children proper hand-washing procedures before sending them.
Encouraging social distancing. . .
* Activities will be chosen carefully to allow more limited contact while also acknowledging that physical-distancing with children (especially those of younger ages) is not completely possible.
* Children's Church in the AM & PM (Patch the Pirate Club & Kids for Truth) will meet in the gym to allow maximum space for social distancing.
We’re eager to see your children again! And we look forward to sharing Jesus with them.
General Information About Reopening
Per the governor's order, we are asking everyone to wear a mask during the services and to be conscious of social distancing within the church as much as possible.
Over the past two months, we have phased back in our in-person Sunday Morning and Evening Services and our in-person Wednesday Service. We have not currently resumed Sunday School but will announce when this ministry will resume.